The recipe is nice and easy and broken down into 3 fairly obvious stages. The base, the middle and the end!
- 280g plain flour
- 170g butter
- 100g sugar
- 379g condensed milk
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g butter
- 280g milk chocolate
Pre-heat the oven to 150C, and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with parchment.
- Rub the flour and butter together to form bread crumbs. A food processor is my saviour for this method. Really easy to pulse the butter and flour together.
- Pulse in the sugar
- Pour into the baking tin and press down using the back of a soup spoon.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins until it starts to turn colour
- Take out the oven to cool
- Melt the butter, condensed milk and syrup together until smooth
- Bring to the simmer for 5 mins, I found I had to stir it to stop it catching on the pan. It will thicken and turn golden
- Leave to cool slightly before pouring over the biscuit base and spread evenly. Leave to cool
- Time for chocolate…..usual melting chocolate rules apply, melt the broken chocolate pieces in a bowl set over (not touching) simmering water. Stir every now and agin and once the lumps have gone pour over the set caramel and spread evenly
- Leave to cool, chop into the desired squares and enjoy